Infection Preventionist - LVN or RN
Camden Post Acute Care is currently looking for an experienced Infection Preventionist for a skilled nursing facility. We are looking for someone to provide his or her leadership skills towards our employees and most importantly our nursing staff.
The Infection Preventionist (IP), is responsible for directing the infection prevention and control program.
The Infection Preventionist must have primary professional training in nursing, medical technology, microbiology, epidemiology, or another related field. The Infection Preventionist is qualified by education, training, experience or certification. Completed specialized training in infection prevention and control.
· Point Click Care
· Infection Control
· Skilled Nursing Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
· Registered Nurse (RN) or
· Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Policies and procedures are reviewed periodically and revised as needed to conform to current standards of practice or to address specific facility concerns.
- Written policies establish the program’s expectations and parameters
- The policy may specify the use of standard precautions facility-wide and use of transmission-based precautions when indicated.
- Define the frequency and nature of surveillance activities.
- Require that staff use accepted hand hygiene after each direct resident contact for which hand hygiene is indicated.
- Prohibit direct resident contact by an employee who has a communicable disease.
- Identify and communicate information about residents with potentially transmissible infectious agents
- Instruct staff on caring for a resident on contact precautions.
- Instruct on essential steps to cleaning equipment.
- Identify the process for choosing agents for performing hand hygiene.
- Participates and reports on the Infection Prevention and Control Program at the quarterly QAA committee as an active member.
- Collaborates with the Medical Director on specific facility concerns.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on Experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Camden PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.