Activities Assistant (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
We are currently only considering local candidates, near the Camden area, for this job opportunity.
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonuses are available for Full Time direct care staff (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Camden PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
An Activities Assistant to work alongside our Activities Director in successfully carrying out day-to-day resident centered activities and programs to brighten their day and enjoy their life to the fullest. This is a direct hire: Full Time position with various shifts available to fit your schedule. If you have a passion for healthcare and are looking to grow and be part of a caring team, this is the right opportunity for you
What You’ll Do:
- Provide companionship to residents and conduct the scheduled program of activities such as bowling, trivia, gardening and other similar fun activities.
- Encourage involvement to ensure residents are participating and engaged in activities.
- Practice compassion and understanding that residents are valuable individuals who are going through a difficult time, often struggling with memory or cognitive ability loss.
- Assist in providing enjoyable and nutritional snacks during the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Activities Director.
- Schedule: AM, PM shifts/rotations available
What You’ll Bring:
- 1 year of previous experience as Activities Assistant, or similar role. An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities may be considered in place of previous job experience.
- First Aid Certification required.
- Compassion for the elderly and commitment to hospitality and service.
- Positive and nurturing personality, a true want to help and care for those in need.
- Team oriented and collaborative spirit.
- Experience in long-term, skilled nursing care a plus, but not required.
Camden PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.