Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time and Part Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Camden PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Cook to prepare food items of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the needs of our residents for the dining room.
What You’ll Do:
- Read menus, recipes, and review all necessary steps in meal preparation with the Dietary Services Manager
- Help prepare all necessary menu items, determine quantity of food needed and follow recipes
- Serve meals using portions listed on menu; use proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Provide effective and courteous service to all residents, guests, and coworkers
- Prepare substitute items to meet resident's individual needs
- Cover, date and label all leftovers and store properly
- Help receive and check all deliveries against invoices issued by the Dietary Services Manager
- Follow established security routine; use proper infection control techniques and protective equipment; use proper safety techniques
- Clean all food preparation equipment including; grills, broilers, ovens, steamer tables, mixers, microwave ovens, toasters etc.
- Conduct work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program
- Assist in the dining room and dish rooms, and other food service areas as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen or healthcare setting preferred
- Current California Food Handler’s Card
Camden PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.